Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 (350g) jar tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- A handful of chopped flat parsley (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan, add the peppers and sauté over a high heat for a couple of minutes to soften. Stir in the sauce and heat until piping hot.
- Make four hollows in the mixture, then crack an egg into each. Cover the pan with a baking sheet or tray and cook for about 3 minutes until the eggs are set to your liking. When ready, season and scatter with parsley and serve straight away with crusty bread.
For more recipes go to www.eggrecipes.co.uk