- 60g self-raising flour
- 40g Mornflake Superfast Oats
- 10g / 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3g / 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2g / 1/2 teaspoon of soda
- 3g / 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 180ml buttermilk
- 5ml / 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30ml / 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
Try our hearty Oat pancake recipe, perfect for breakfasts!
- Place flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, vanilla, oil and egg into a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.Tip: Experiment with different toppings, try butter, golden syrup, chocolate & bananas… or even sprinkling with our very own Mornflake Oat Granola. Enjoy!
- Place boiling water into a saucepan. Then add the Mornflake Superfast Oats and the cups of water and stir thoroughly.
- Bring the water saucepan back to the boil and then reduce the heat slightly, but keeping it high. Continue to stir regularly for 3 – 4 minutes, cooking to a nice thick consistency.
- Wash the orange and lemon thoroughly. With a fine grater or zester take the zest from the orange and lemon being careful not to remove the pith. Set this aside.
- Continue to cook the oats until it reaches a nice thick consistency.
- Once the oats are cooked remove from the heat and set aside for 1-2 minutes, for a porridge with a nice creamy consistency.
- Spoon the porridge into bowls. Into each bowl swirl a generous table spoonful of marmalade. Sprinkle a little orange and lemon zest over the top. Pour a spoonful of golden syrup over the top if you like a bit more sweetness.
- Serve and eat the porridge hot.