- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 courgettes, chopped
- 150g/5oz chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 30ml/2tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toast to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium non stick frying pan, add the onions, courgettes, mushrooms and peppers and cook over a high heat for 4 minutes, stirring until golden and soft. Stir in the basil leaves and some seasoning.
- Make four hollows in the mixture, then crack an egg into each. Cover the pan with a baking sheet or tray and cook for about 3 minutes until the eggs are set to your liking. When ready, season to taste and serve straight away with toast.
For more recipes go to www.eggrecipes.co.uk